Dear Pro-Lifers, As we approach the dreadful date of the 27th October, 40th anniversary of the measure called the Abortion Act, we need to take stock not only of the catastrophe of abortion but also the wickedness of Parliament which has rejected Almighty God and so has brought us to such a pass.
As our Holy Father Benedict XV1 said on Friday 5th October 07, “When fundamental essentials are at stake: human dignity, human life, the institution of the family and the equity of the social order — in other words the fundamental rights of man — no law made by men and women can subvert the norm written by the Creator in man’s heart without society itself being dramatically struck … at its very core.
“Thus natural law is a true guarantee for everyone to live freely and with respect for their dignity, protected from all ideological manipulation and from all arbitrary abuses of the powerful. No one can disregard this appeal. If by reason of a tragic clouding of the collective conscience, scepticism and ethical relativism managed to annul the fundamental principles of natural moral law, the very democratic order itself would be profoundly undermined at its foundations.
“The advance of individuals and of society along the path of true progress depends upon respect for natural moral law, in conformity with right reason, which is participation in the eternal reason of God.”
People have to recognise that Parliament is not God and cannot enact just anything it pleases. At her Coronation the Queen vows to maintain the laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel. Any attempted law incompatible to Natural Law or Revealed Law is null and void. Below are notable examples.
Note also that any measure approved by Court of Law can, and often should, be rejected by Parliament which has the final say.
1. Parliament approved the principle of divorce in 1857. This was and is in flagrant contradiction to the teaching of Jesus. That was the moment when the United Kingdom Parliament became a non-Christian government. The results for the family today are all too obvious.
2. The atrocity of abortion was approved by a Court of Law in 1938 under the title of therapeutic abortion. The 1967 so-called Abortion Act removed virtually every defence of the child in the womb
3. The immorality of contraception was first permitted without debate and then funded by the Minister of Health (Keith Joseph) in 1974. The result is a deluge of fornication and adultery.
4. Human embryo experimentation was approved under Margaret Thatcher 1990. The result is another holocaust of tiny ones in medical laboratories.
5. Euthanasia was approved in the Court Cases of Tony Bland in 1993 and Janet Johnston in Scotland in 1996. Now the Mental Capacity Act of 2005 approves further such cases by deliberate neglect, a terrible death of starvation and dehydration.
6. Sodomy was first approved for consenting adults under Roy Jenkins. Thereafter sodomitic “marriages” and even the adoption of some unfortunate children by sodomites were all approved.
7. Parliament is now preparing for hybrids between animals and human.
8. Parliament is always neglecting the poor whilst Trident, itself immoral, is being updated with horrendous expense.
Conclusion: Campaigners cannot just demand amendments of alleged laws which are already invalid. Instead we have to demand repentance by all those responsible. We cannot tinker with immoral “laws”. We need a Christian revolution with Christians ready to say “NO” to unjust laws, even if this means persecution. Buddhists can teach us something.
Sincerely, Rev. James Morrow